22 July 2010

Kinship Kampmeeting ~ Day 2

Truly an amazing day.

Here is an outline written quickly before I forget it all.  I will try to develop it more later.

Didn't go to the early morning devotion and exercise....I was keeping my addiction from rusting!

Morning Mtg: Beth G. was fantastic.  What touching stories...especially about her brother coming out to her just last fall.  She showed us a picture of her "beautiful brother".  (OMG, but he is gorgeous!)  Also very touching about her retired-SDA-pastor-father who now wants to be an advocate for gays and lesbians in the church.  WOW!

Business Mtg: A bit long, but actually quite interesting.

Lunch: One of the servers is Asian and so f**king cute and I'm sure gay.  I kept eye flirting with him.

2-4 pm: "Sandro D." gave a presentation about a paper he did dealing with homophobia and religiosity.  A bit long but quite well presented.  I'm quite fascinated by Sandro.  He is 25 and 100% pretty boy...beautiful eastern-European-Bel-Ami-model looks.  I was left with a major curiosity as to weather or not he is gay.  He neither confirmed nor denied it in his talk.  Hum....I have to figure this out!

4-6 pm: Film "Brother Outsider."  Very good, a story I had never heard about a man I had never heard of.  If you haven't seen it, you MUST!

Dinner: Sat at the table with Sandro, the gay male couple with two kids (via a surrogate), and others.  I still couldn't figure Sandro out.  Went to a short meeting for local coordinators.  I think I will try to do something when I get back to Korea, but don't know how much.  The cute Asian boy was there again.  I'm so in lust!  I actually gave him my numbers on a sheet of paper after dinner....no response so far...and feeling pretty stupid about it.  Oh well!

Evening Mtg: Changed to watching the film about the LDS church and Proposition 8 in California.  Very interesting and thought provoking....but not really enjoyable.

Evening Mtg 2: "Our Stories."  I hurried across the isle and got in the group with Sandro.  Very interesting story, OMG!  But that is all I can say until he graduates....you always have risks at SDA institutions.  The other stories were very interesting too...

Afterwards Seth and I talked for quite a while.  We are going to try to practice some piano duets tomorrow.

OK, I'm super tired now.  I hope this makes some sense.  It is more details than I planned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment