09 June 2012

Last Days in Seoul? No.1

Saturday, June9: Well, I have the ticket to Europe--a round trip ticket--but a lot of me feels like it is the beginning of the end.

I walk around feeling I'm in mourning.  Maybe I should keep track of what happens between now and when I leave.  I'm afraid I will forget:

  • Called my sister.  She is in CA on business and going to Northern CA for the weekend with friends.  She is lucky to be with friends.
  • Went to Seonbuk for church today.  The new director is actually good. 
  • Eunice gave me a wedding invitation.  She and Justin are getting married in two weeks and then going to Georgia.  Justin wasn't there.  I called Ti tonight and asked him to go to the wedding with me.  He said he would.  Good, that problem is solved.
  • After lunch went to the Latino festival by Hansun Uni Station.  Saw some dancing and damaged my ears listening to the Mariachi band.  Why are Korean guys so afraid to show some skin.  They should have at least unbuttoned one more button!
  • Walked around Insa-dong area and North.  Always some cool stuff.  If I end up in Romania, what will I do for art?  That is a really great thing about being here, so much of it so close.  I think I will miss that!
  • I have been complete addicted to "Mad Men" these days.  I'm already on season 3, episode 5.
  • Planned to do some grading tonight.  I don't think that is going to happen!
I feel sad and alone.  This is how I feel most Sabbaths, actually.  That the sermon mentioned that the happiest people have a girl or boyfriend and spend lots of time with people certainly didn't help.  Am I supposed to call someone?  Is it my fault?  Who would I call?  Pretty much I hate Sabbaths.

Snap-shots:
  • a whitish colored house with turquoise-ish gutters and trim
  • cobalt background, mostly white pencil, circles and geometric shapes and hatching
  • a girl explaining painting, ceramics and jewelry in a shop
  • a little boy costing down-hill in his little car, and a cute guy taking his picture
  • giving up my bus seat to a young father who was carrying his young son 

No comments:

Post a Comment