21 April 2008

Prayer for Victory

I'm packing. Going through papers I found the following prayer which my sister sent me some time ago (10/6/2004). I'm putting it here so I won't loose it, and so I will be reminded to pray it more often.

Dear Lord,

I need victory. {State what you need victory over.} You have promised victory as a free gift in I Cor. 15:57. "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

I ask believingly, and I thank you I have received triumphantly -- not because I feel it, but because you have promised to deliver those who all their lifetime have been subject to bondage.

{See Heb. 2:14-15.}

In Jesus name,

Amen

Hebrews 2:14-15. "Therefore since the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same things, in order that through death He might destroy the one having the power of death, that is, the devil, and that He might set free these, as many as by fear of death through all of their lives, were subject to bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment